The Key to Career Satisfaction
How Do You Feel About Work?
Unfortunately, if you are unhappy and feel stuck in your career, you are not alone. A worldwide Gallup poll found only 15% of the world’s one billion full-time workers are engaged at work. Moreover, 80% of Americans are dissatisfied with their jobs. Shocking! Eighty percent equates to millions of people who feel disengaged and unenthused about work.
But ask just about anyone, and they will tell you they want to do work that matters. Work that impacts the world. Work they enjoy. So, I wonder why so many people endure the stress of remaining in a job they aren’t passionate about?
“Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.” – Simon Sinek
If you dread Mondays and cling to Sundays like a life preserver, you need a career change! And soon. Because stuck is optional.
The Great Reshuffle
And staying stuck is an option that many are no longer choosing. The phenomenon called the ‘great resignation’ is proof. In 2021, the number of employees quitting their jobs reached record highs. In fact, by November, the workplace saw 4.5 million resignations. That is according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Where is all this leading? Experts believe we are headed toward a ‘great reshuffle’. The reshuffle is a timeframe when both employers and employees must reevaluate and shift.
- Companies will reconsider how they operate and create new business models.
- Workers will reassess their professional career options to find the best fit.
The result is a change in when we work, how we work, and our career choices.
“To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness.” – John Dewey
Find Career Satisfaction
Let’s face it. We spend a lot of time at work. One-third of our lives, to be exact!
If you spend that much time doing anything, it should be what you love. And that’s why I help my clients uncover who they really are, what they value, and their purpose. We then use it all to create the career and life of their dreams. So they achieve fulfillment. Here’s the key.
Meaningful Work You Love Equals Career Satisfaction!
Are you ready to love your life and career? Get three things aligned.
- Purpose – What you are created to do. Fulfilling your purpose gives life meaning and creates your legacy. But just knowing what you are meant to do is not enough. You have to live your purpose!
- Strengths – What you are good at doing. Work is more energizing and requires less effort when you leverage your natural abilities. So a role that maximizes your strengths is imperative.
- Passions – What you enjoy doing. Your passions bring you joy, get your blood pumping, and make your heart smile. If you want to feel that way about your job, then choose gratifying work.
I want to help you live the life of your dreams. Let’s uncover (and align) your purpose, strengths, and passions. Take the first step. Schedule a consultation.
Lisa L. Baker is a professional life coach, career strategist, and keynote speaker. Lisa is the founder of Ascentim – a Maryland-based coaching practice that utilizes a unique G.R.O.W. process to help clients gain clarity, realize new possibilities, overcome obstacles, and win at life. She shows high-performing professionals how to Level Up – get connected, get promoted, get wealth – and Live the Life of Their Dreams.