Let’s play a game of 20 questions! (Actually, let’s make it 21 so we can answer 3 each day.)
Welcome back to our series on taking purposeful pauses in bite sizes. I have so many thoughts that I want to share with you, but this isn’t about me. It’s about YOU!
As a coach, I try to listen more than I talk, asking important questions to help guide clients on their way and clarify true beliefs, feelings, and desires. And this week is all about REFLECTING so that we can RECALIBRATE: fine-tuning our outlook on life and taking a deep look at what’s going on under our own hoods.
I invite you to check in on yourself this week. Schedule 3 short 5-10 minute quiet moments each day to tackle the questions below, all designed to help you understand the life that you are meant to live. There’s no set format, and there’s certainly no judgment. Simply, jot down the thoughts that come to you as you ponder each inquiry.
By the way, you can enhance your journey with our Reflect and Recalibrate Journal, so download yours now by clicking here. It has plenty of space for you to capture your answers to all 21 questions and more!
Ready? Grab your journal and let’s go!
Starting with the basics:
- Who are you?
- What do you do?
- Who do you do it for?
Let’s get aspirational!
- Who do you want to be?
- What would your dream job be if you could do anything?
- If you won the lottery, how would you choose to spend your time?
Your area of greatness is when your purpose, passion, and values align. So…
- What are you passionate about?
- What are your strongest skills? What do you excel at?
- What values are sacred and non-negotiable?
I heard someone say that practice makes progress the other day (as opposed to perfect.) In that spirit…
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- In what ways are you currently learning and growing?
- Do you feel that your life is heading in the right direction?
Life gives us so many blessings, even through the tough times, and it’s important that we take nothing for granted.
- What are you grateful for at this moment in time?
- When do you feel most fulfilled and that your cup is full?
- If you could solve one problem in the world or in your community, what would it be and how would you contribute?
It’s all about you, yes, but it’s also about the people you share the world with…
- Who do you respect, admire, and aspire to be like?
- What relationships do you need to build? Are there specific people you want to get to know better or vacant roles on your personal board of directors – like a mentor, champion, or cheerleader?
- Are there relationships or partnerships that no longer serve you, and how can you let go of them?
Putting It All Together
Let’s bring it all together and dream big.
- What do you want life to look like in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years?
- What would a perfect day in a successful life look like?
- What is standing in the way of becoming the person you are meant to be?
I hope you’ll take some time to really reflect on each of these questions, sit with them for a few minutes if you need to, and feel free to revisit them as new thoughts and ah-ha moments emerge.
At the end of this week of introspection, you should come away with some new insights, some ideas about different versions of success, and maybe some starting points to recalibrate – perhaps a few small tweaks or a big, bold move.
Next week, we’ll talk about what we’re going to do with all this new information that you have about yourself and what you want, so we can work towards our ideal futures!